Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010, so far so good!

This is Jonathan's new bike and today is his first ride with the boys. I figured I'd clean, blog, and maybe do some working-out of my own while he is gone. Hopefully he comes back in one piece.

We are 16 days into 2010, and big changes have already happened! Jonathan and I decided that it was time for him to leave the Dallas Mavericks after his 2 years of service. He began Jan. 1 unemployed. I know, not a good way to start things off. However, he had been interviewing with companies for the past couple of months and we were extremely blessed to be offered a job just 1 week into his search.

Jonathan was hired by The Richard's Group - an advertising agency based out of Dallas. They were voted the best place to work in Dallas and are one of the nation's top ad firms. Jonathan is working in the Richards Relationship Marketing group. This is such a huge huge blessing for us! He is so much happier at this job and the quick timing of getting this position was incredible!

My job is continueing to go really well. I am acclimated to the projects and people now, and I'm really enjoying both. I've been working on a medical office building at A&M, and I think I'll be able to see this project through to the end (I hope!). I've gained a ton of new technical skills and design knowledge.

We have big ambitions this year with our house. We have already started tackling our craft room (for the 3rd or 4th time) and I plan on finishing it this time!! We also want to do some improvements to our back yard so that we can spend more time outdoors. Another plan is to get a vanity in our master bathroom (it's currently just a pedestal sink and my make-up is always falling in).

Speaking of houses, Jonathan's parents bought a new house and we are so excited for them!!! It is in Fairview (near McKinney/Allen). I'm excited to see how Debbie jazzes the place up and for fun family gatherings.

So Haiti, what the heck. I just can't get my mind wrapped around this country's devastation. I am praying hard for these people. Not only for the physical tragedy, but the spiritual warfare that takes place there. As a Christian, seeing how broken our world is just makes me long for heaven or for Christ's return. What a hope we have in Jesus!

Jonathan and I are in a multi-generational home group through the Village Church. We have been a part of this group (together) for about a year. He attended about a year before I joined. Jonathan and I are both members at the church and I can say that I am so blessed to call this place our home. We have such an amazing group of people to encourage and love us.

So, life is good and God is good all the time. Even through cancer, lay-offs, and unemployment, He has delivered us from it all! We are both healthy and employed, a first for our relationship! Praise His name all the time, in not so great seasons and in wonderful ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment